Thursday, February 3, 2011

How I Increased My Twitter Followers from 209 to 460 in One Week

The first time I joined Twitter way back in 2009, I never had the slightest idea how to use it. I didn't have a blog of my own at that time.  I remember I had 10 followers then.

When I began blogging in 2010, I went back to my Twitter account due to some knowledge that I got from the Net about the effectiveness of Social Media.  Due to the basic advice about increasing followers, which is to follow relevant and target follower so they can follow you back, I followed this advice. However, it didn’t become effective. Those I followed didn’t follow me back.


In late 2010 after reading couple of blogs about how to increase followers on Twitter such as Dailytipsblog.com and twitip.com and after attending an online seminar for bloggers about social media marketing conducted by Ryan Deiss and Kate Buck Jr. called Webinar, they immediately gained me an idea about how to increase followers on Twitter.  

One idea is to add an automated welcome messages to your Twitter account. And to be able to do that is to use a social media tool. You can find that tool through Socialoomph.com, formerly known as Tweetlater. Just register an account to Socialoomph and follow the 2 steps below:

Image above from hpsupport.wordpress.com
    Register to Socialoomph

    Once you are registered, go the social accounts on the vertical navigation bar at the left and click “add account.”  Add your Twitter account to the “Add Account” section.

    Add Your Automated Welcome Message

    Go to “Optional Twitter Account Automation” or the “Edit Automation” area and enter your preferred  welcome text inside the “Send Message” section. After you’ve entered your welcome message, you can then save it at the bottom of the page. It is important to write a message that is not the same as the other. 

    You can make two or three different messages; Socialoomph will be the one to send them in random to your followers. So the welcome messages should not be the same with each message. Also, it is very important to never sell anything from your welcome message. This will cause your Twitter followers to unfollow you.  Just welcome them and thank them for following you.

    These 2 steps gave me quick results. Now I have 460 followers starting from 19 followers in December.  From 209 followers about a week ago to 460 as of today, February 03, 2011. That’s more than 200 followers in one week. In June this year, 2011, I will target about 3,660 followers. That’s 8,460 followers by the end of the year.

    This becomes effective probably because once the welcome messages are set up, Twitter will include your account on some categories or niches that you represent.  So when a Twitter account holder try to search for keywords, your name can be found, and you are more likely to be followed. Also, when someone followed you and has read your welcome message, they are likely to tell their Twitter friends about thanking them and about your business. Followers of those who followed you will likely to follow you too. 

    My emails just keep sending me updates that I have 20 to 30 people following me in a day.  Most of these followers are not the ones whom I followed in early 2010.

    You might what to check out this link to inquire further about Socialoomph and the effectiveness of automated welcome messages: Twitter Messages to Grow Your Business

    If you are curious about my tweets in Twitter, try to check out my profile and follow it. Just click this link: Nonoy Avellanosa's Tweets.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment